Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
10 Gresham Street
London, EC2V 7JD
His recent experience includes advising:
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. in its acquisition of RBS Aviation Capital from The Royal Bank of Scotland plc for US$7.3 billion, creating the world’s fourth largest commercial jet aircraft leasing and finance company
- EIG Global Energy Partners on the US$2 billion acquisition of power assets in Mexico, Brazil and Chile in joint venture with Abengoa
- Yellow Cake plc on its successful listing on the London Stock Exchange and on its associated long-term supply contract with JSC National Atomic Company Kazatomprom, one of the world’s largest producers of uranium
- Eldorado Resorts, Inc. in connection with its definitive agreement with UK public listed company William Hill PLC to act as Eldorado’s exclusive sports betting operator and related UK public equity arrangements
- PT AP Investment and PT Medco Energi in the US$2.6 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in a mining company PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara from, among others, Newmont Mining Corporation and Sumitomo Corporation
- Sahara India Pariwar in connection with a cross border sale by a Sahara subsidiary of the entire issued share capital of Sahara Grosvenor House Hospitality Limited to GH Equity Limited
Stuart is recognised as a leading corporate lawyer and ranked in legal directories such as Legal 500, IFLR 1000, London Super-Lawyers, ALB’s Hot 40 and Legal Experts (Corporate, M&A). Recently clients have noted that “The very commercial, insightful and pragmatic’ Stuart Harray is a ‘constructive negotiator with wide commercial and legal knowledge” and as “an exceptional lawyer, who is always available for his clients”, has “excellent private equity knowledge” and “an extremely effective leader of people”.
Our Corporate group has executed transactions throughout the world in numerous regulated and unregulated industries. Drawing upon our deep bench of talented attorneys in areas such as tax, antitrust, executive compensation and benefits, ERISA, real estate, FCPA/trade compliance, environmental law and intellectual property, as well as other applicable industry experience, our ability to deploy cohesive deal teams of superior quality on diverse matters anywhere in the world is highly sought after by the most discerning players in today’s global marketplace.
Milbank is internationally recognized as a leader in major corporate/finance transactions (such as M&A, structured finance, banking, capital markets and project and transportation finance), litigation (including complex commercial, intellectual property, securities and white collar), financial restructuring, and trusts and estates.
“Commended for its ‘excellent level of service’, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP ‘s ‘proactive, client-oriented’ team counts aviation, private equity, energy & natural resources and technology as key sector strengths.”