Ruben Diaz Jr
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
201 South Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, Florida 33131-4332
Tel: +1 (305) 373-5670
After starting his career in private practice, Ruben served as Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel of a privately-held Central American group with businesses in key sectors, including financial institutions and investment advisory services, agro-industrial, communications, automotive, energy, information technology, retail and consumer products, health care and real estate. He also previously served as Head of the Latin America Legal Practice at Ernst & Young.
- Representation of Ticofrut S.A., part of the Nicaragua-based Pellas Group, in a tort action filed by Del Monte in federal court alleging that Ticofrut has aided and abetted a pineapple grower’s breach of a contract with Del Monte.
- Lead cousel on numerous mergers and acquisitions including the largest dollar value M&A transaction to that date in Central America.
- Structured international joint ventures and restructured multinational groups.
- Representations of both creditors and debtors in cross-border financings.
- Representations of foreign companies regarding the establishment of U.S. entities and the acquisition of U.S. corporations, partnerships, and business assets.
With a transactional practice that is international in scope, we assist clients across the globe, including some of the world’s largest domestic and multinational companies, as well as start-up ventures. We offer services in a range of transactional issues, including hostile takeovers, joint ventures and spin-offs.
Our success has been, and will always be, built around our singular focus on quality and results. Every day, we work to earn the trust of our clients by bringing innovative and effective solutions to our clients’ most challenging matters. We strike the balance between scale and agility, handling large and complex matters, while remaining flexible to adapt to clients’ needs and market developments.
Known for our teamwork – with one another, our clients and with other law firms – Hughes Hubbard has a distinguished history dating back more than a century. The firm was founded in 1888 by renowned jurist and statesman Charles Evans Hughes (future governor, secretary of state and chief justice), whose values and innovative thinking about the practice of law have been passed down through generations of our firm’s lawyers.
Co-chaired panel at the International Bar Association (IBA) Biennial Latin American Regional Forum Conference, “Compliance: Beyond Lava Jato and the Panama Papers,” March 14-16, 2018