Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP
80 Raffles Place
#33-00 UOB Plaza 1
Tel: +65 6885 3610
Marian advises on fund management and collective investment schemes, in particular offers made by offshore funds in Singapore.
In addition, Marian acts as company secretary for a wide range of corporate secretarial clients, comprising private limited companies, publicly listed companies as well as companies limited by guarantee.
Recent Honours & Recognition:
- Acritas: Recognized as an Acritas Star Lawyer, 2017
- Asialaw Profiles: Recognized as a Market-Leading Lawyer for Construction & Real Estate, 2017
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Recommended Lawyer for Capital Markets, 2015
- Asialaw Profiles: Recognized as a Leading Lawyer for general corporate practice, 2008 and 2010 – 2013
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Recommended Lawyer for Corporate and M&A, 2008/2009
- Author, “Stricter compliance measures for listed companies,” Business Bulletin, March 2018
- Author, “Of “Likes” and Luck: Social media and gaming regulations,” Business Bulletin, June 2017
- Co-author, “Retention of records – Quotidian but necessary,” Business Bulletin, December 2016
- Author, “Delisting From SGX,” Business Bulletin, January 2015
- Co-author, “Dual Listings – A Singapore Perspective,” Business Bulletin, March 2011
- Co-author, “Offering Foreign Collective Investment Schemes In Singapore,” Business Bulletin, Dec 08
- Major global European aerospace corporation: Advising the company in relation to Singapore regulatory and compliance matters, including advice on the Singapore law issues of their whistleblowing protocols. The work involved coordinating with the Dentons Europe office to implement the whistleblowing system for the client in a multi-jurisdictional matter involving 49 jurisdictions globally.
- Tapestry, Inc.: Acting for Tapestry Inc., a New York-based house of modern luxury lifestyle brands, listed on NASDAQ with its portfolio including the Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman brands. The multi-jurisdictional transaction was led by Peter Wolfson and Kate Buckley from the Dentons US office, and involved Coach entities purchasing assets and acquiring employees and leases from their third party distributors in Singapore, Malaysia and Australia.
- Global leading automaker group: Advising the group on the Singapore aspects of a multinational implementation of their whistleblowing policy. The cross border matter was coordinated by the Dentons Europe (Berlin, Germany) office, involved more than 90 jurisdictions around the world, and comprised of advice on data protection policy as well as data privacy issues.
- Sunpower Group Ltd: Advising the company, which is listed on the Singapore stock exchange, and which is in the business of designing and manufacturing energy saving and environmental protection products for customers in the petrochemical, steel and transportation industries, on a retainer basis, with respect to a variety of corporate matters, including, without limitation, advising on the recent transfer of convertible bonds issued by the company.
- Greencells Energy Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.: Advising the company, which is a global provider of turnkey solar parks with a presence in Germany, Abu Dhabi, Romania, Singapore and the United States of America, on a retainer basis, in relation to various corporate matters which includes, without limitation, regulatory advisory work, drafting of agreements and assisting with corporate secretarial matters.
- Jollibee Foods Corporation: Advising on a joint venture agreement with Singaporean-based Blackbird Holdings Pte. Ltd., through a wholly-owned subsidiary, to own and operate the first Jollibee store in Europe. Jollibee, which has a market cap of about US$5 billion and sales revenue of over US$2 billion in the past year, is a Philippines-based company which engages in developing, operating, and franchising fast food restaurants around the world. Jollibee is currently among the largest food service companies in Asia with 3,290 stores worldwide under a variety of brand names. The deal will see a Singaporean joint venture company incorporated, which will in turn, incorporate a wholly-owned subsidiary in Italy to own and operate the store, with Jollibee retaining full management control of the store under the structure of the joint venture.
- Global Premium Hotels Limited, a Singapore Stock Exchange main board listed company and owner of Fragrance Hotel chain: Advising in the voluntary takeover of shares by JK Global Capital Pte. Ltd. (“JKGC”), an investment holding company. The voluntary cash offer is conditional on JKGC and its concert parties receiving acceptances that bring its shareholding to at least 90 per cent. The deal was valued at up to approximately S$383.98 million.
- Lycee Francais de Singapour Ltd and Lycee Francais Development Fund: Acting as Singapore counsel, on an on-going basis, for the French school, Lycee Francais de Singapour Ltd, and the charitable trust, Lycee Francais Development Fund, with respect to a variety of matters ranging from drafting agreements and deeds, providing extensive advisory work and assisting with all of the corporate secretarial requirements for Lycee Francais de Singapour Ltd and Lycee Francais Development Fund, which includes liaising, on behalf of Lycee Francais de Singapour Ltd and Lycee Francais Development Fund, with various governmental authorities (including, but not limited to, the Ministry of Education, the Commissioner of Charities and the Committee for Private Education).
- Fragrance Group Limited: Acting in its establishment of a S$1 billion multi-currency debt issuance program.
- Private company: Acting for an exempt private company in its acquisition of shares in Tiong Woon Oil & Gas Services Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of a SGX-listed company, Tiong Woon Corporation Holding Ltd, which also involved a novation of an intercompany debt, for an aggregate consideration of S$18 million.
- Inventure International: Acting in a fundraising exercise with its related company, Inventure Renewables, and lead investor, Wilmar International, for up to S$12 million.
- Global Experience Specialists Inc: Acting as the Singapore counsel in “Harry Potter™: The Exhibition” at the ArtScience Museum located at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, and in “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Exhibition” at the ArtScience Museum located at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
- Naspers Limited: Acting as Singapore counsel for a company listed on the London Stock Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, in the sale of its 49 percent shareholding in one of its subsidiaries, to Tencent Holdings Limited, which is among China’s largest internet service portals, and is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The deal was valued at US$26.95 million.
- OM Holdings Limited (OMH): Acting as Singapore counsel in the execution of a convertible note subscription agreement with Hanwa Co Ltd (Hanwa) for the issue of 25 million convertible notes, raising approximately US$21.45 million, and a share subscription agreement to place 25 million shares to Hanwa, raising gross proceeds of approximately AU$9.8 million. The deal was valued at approximately AU$29.77 million.
- Confidential client: Acted as Singapore counsel for a foreign stock exchange in its global acquisition of the D-Clear Europe Limited group for a confidential purchase consideration.
- Intime Department Store (Group) Company Limited: Acting as Singapore counsel in the company’s issuance of CNY1 billion 4.65% Guaranteed Bonds due 2014.
- Elec & Eltek International Company Limited: Acting in the proposed dual primary listing of the company’s shares on the mainboard of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- German core fund: Acting and leading the transaction for the corporate aspects for a German core fund managed by Morgan Stanley in its sale of 23 units at the Draycott Eight condominium for S$157 million to a fund managed by Alpha Investment Partners, part of the Keppel Land Group. The 23 units were in the same block of the development which comprises three 24-storey blocks with a total of 136 units.
- Lonza Holding Singapore Pte Ltd: Acting in the sale of the company’s cell culture biologic manufacturing facility in Singapore to Genentech Singapore Pte Ltd, a wholly owned member of the Roche Group.
- Elec & Eltek International Company Limited: Acting in the proposed delisting of the Company from the SGX-ST Mainboard.
Benefit from a Corporate practice which provides comprehensive corporate and commercial legal support and advisory services.
We work closely with you to help you realize your business goals. Our experience and familiarity with investment incentive schemes in Singapore and emerging markets in Asia enable us to effectively structure your investments and transactions.
We advise clients on corporate compliance and governance issues, providing continuous, up-to-date information on duties and responsibilities of corporate officers.
Services offered by our Corporate practice include:
- Company incorporations and registration of foreign branches
- Company administration and secretarial services
- Corporate compliance and governance
- Employment law
- Investments in Singapore, China, India, Indochina and South East Asia
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances (international and domestic)
- Licensing, agencies and distribution
- Public Private Partnerships (working with foreign counsel)
- Corporate restructurings and amalgamations
- Registrations of business and representative offices
Consistently ranked highly in leading publications, we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality advice to our clients while maintaining strong working relationships with key public sector agencies and leading organizations in the private sector.
Our combination with global law firm Dentons, a leader on the 2017 Acritas Asia Pacific Law Firm Brand Index, created the dominant global law firm in the Pacific Rim with more than 85 offices in the region. With more than 9,000 lawyers serving 78 countries, the Firm offers clients the benefit of quality experience in and of the communities in which they want to do business or resolve a dispute—from Canada and the United States, across Europe, the United Kingdom, the Middle East and Africa, and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
“[Marian] has a proven record of providing indispensable advice to the group throughout these years and delivering positive outcomes for a lot of major corporate projects…. Ms Ho is a persuasive individual … who is capable of resolving legal issues and always looking for ways to adequately protect clients and complete projects producing professional results while adhering to rigid deadlines. Needless to say, Ms Ho is one of the top ranking corporate lawyers that any… corporation should wish to engage.”